Happy October, everyone! Welcome to the Fulfilling Destiny Blog!
September was another great month! The passion and hard work of the Fulfilling Destiny family continues on. Despite the many hurdles of these unprecedented times, we have continued to build community and connection. As always, thank you for your continued support in our mission to empower those experiencing homelessness to have their period with dignity.
Fulfilling Destiny was named a 2020 Top-Rated Nonprofit Organization on Great Nonprofits!
This September, we saw an out-pour of support from both our online community and our Fulfilling Destiny team. We reached over 500 supporters on Instagram!
We want to remind you that we are always looking for new volunteers and opportunities to help us support menstruators of San Diego, Oceanside, and San Jose. Please email or message us on social media to get involved!
Fulfilling Destiny is now serving WRC of Oceanside! The Women’s Resource Center (WRC) of Oceanside is dedicated to providing supportive services, counseling, shelter, and education to North San Diego County women, children, and men involved in or threatened by domestic violence or sexual assault.
On September 5th, one of our interns, Mariza, and her sister, Mariane, assembled 54 Dignity Bags, containing pads and wipes. Thank you for your donations and hard work!
Jas, another one of our amazing interns, also held her own packing party! She assembled tampon Dignity Bags, ready to be distributed. Thank you so much Jas!
If you are interested in donating, distributing, or hosting an individual packing party, please contact [email protected]
Jan-Marini, one of our outstanding Community Outreach interns, and Nicole Deis (IG: @baci_xo) held fundraisers for Fulfilling Destiny! Jan-Marini raised $400 and Nicole raised $450. Thank you Jan-Marini, Nicole, and every that supported these fundraisers! Our mission to make menstrual products accessible to ALL who need them so that everyone can have their period with dignity, is achievable because of you!
On September 25th, we held a virtual game night to connect with our Fall Community Outreach interns! This fall, we have 6 wonderful interns! We missed a few amazing members and faced technical difficulties during this Zoom conference, but we still had an amazing time connecting with one another!
We are also thrilled to announce that our interns are working on their final projects! These final projects allow our interns to be creative and brainstorm ways to help our communities thrive. Some of these projects build partnerships, create educational media/graphics, and some projects are aimed at their local communities. Stay tuned to see their amazing projects unfold!
The FD Podcast, hosted by Jan-Marini, is out on October 2nd at 7:30pm! Check out the pilot episode, The Beginning of Something Special, with guests: Francesca Guerrero, Ruth Ortiz, and Eya Massan Touglo. Listen here: https://youtube.com/channel/UCczKoALNkFYprnDG7jzeUcA
To learn more about our interns, check out our Instagram or subscribe to our newsletter below to see our monthly staff spotlights & stay updated on our events!
We would not be able to achieve our goal of ending period poverty and CELEBRATE PERIODS without you believing in our mission and continuing to provide donations and support. We are immensely grateful for our Fulfilling Destiny family!
Ways to Help
- We are seeking donations for pads and tampons. If you have the means to donate these items or give monetary donations, we would greatly appreciate it! For more information, please visit the Ways to Donate page on our website or contact us directly!
- We are always accepting volunteers! If you want to get more involved with packing parties, social media ideas, distributing Dignity bags, or anything creative in mind for Fulfilling Destiny. We would love your help!
- Write a review to spread our mission and capture the essence of our Fulfilling Destiny family!
Period Poverty News
- How Have School Closures During Coronavirus Affected Period Poverty?
- Menstruator-Friendly Toilets to Fight Period Shame in 3 Countries
- San Diego Community Fridge – free food and hygiene supplies, you can also leave donations!
- Free COVID-19 Testing – email/access to internet, transportation needed; no health insurance required
Voting + Upcoming Election
- Register to Vote!
- Check your Voter Registration
- Track your Ballot
- Informational Video: Voter 101 + Census 2020